Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Great Escape - Part Two

Well, the F---in' Cat did it again. Determined SOB, he is....

Midnight, I'm awake and I couldn't go back to sleep.
I decided to read.
I could have picked any one of the hundreds of books in my apartment, but Nooooooooo....
I had to pick the one that was in my car.
I had to shoo FC away from the door with a loud NO!
Went out to the car in bare feet (this time was wearing my shorts, thank the Goddess)...
Got my book out of the car and as I slowly, carefully opened the front door to go back inside....
Swoosh....a streak of beige and white ran past me.
I got the flashlight (the million-watt one).
I roamed the complex.
I went to the wooded areas (and we have a lot - one of the reasons I live here).
I looked under cars.
I got out the wet Meow Mix and carried it around so long I smelled like salmon and tuna.
I sat on my front yard with the Meow Mix.
Then finally I sat the cat fud on the patio and went inside...
To bed?
Oh, no, not guilty old me.
I plopped down on the floor in front of the open patio door and waited...
And waited....
And waited...
And F this!
I went to bed.
This morning on the patio there's food and water and FC's security carrier (the one he wanted to stay in and slept in until, nasty, cat lady that I am, I fixed him a soft bed in a wicker basket).
I'm spending the day with Morgan.
If FC decides to come back, the little varmint will have food, water and shelter.
If not, I've learned a 265 dollar lesson:
Along with most men, you can't change most cats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home