Thursday, September 27, 2007

Rant for the Week


Been a long time since I ranted - feeling better, so I thought, "What the heck!"


Why is everything in heavy plastic, sealed packages. You know the kind - hard plastic, sealed so tight that you need a frigging drill to get it open.


Here's my story:

I was a good Gore Girl, doing my ecological duty and trading my old, energy inefficient light bulbs for one of these....



But my sweet bulb was packaged in that heavy clam shell, finger cutting plastic that I had to cut with scissors made to cut through chicken bones (and my digits).
As I hacked away, trying to free my twisted tubular firend, it hit me!
The energy I will be saving by using this bulb has been wasted by packaging it in a huge plastic and cardboard case.

Can't these light bulbs be sold in those nice little biodegradable, slightly corrigated paper boxes that hold the old-time energy guzzlers??

Just saying......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home